8.09.2009

summer

wellll here i am, feeling kind of silly.

if i remember correctly, i said in my last post (about three months ago) that i'd be writing way often. i am, as it turns out, a liar.

it isn't that i don't want to write and give you my love and wisdom, it's just that i've been super crazy busy with work and vaca and other things like that.

I think i'm being pretty pretentious for thinking of you, my readers, as unfortunate for having been deprived of my musings. well, what are you gonna do?

the good news is, i think i've discovered why i find it difficult to post with any sort of consistent frequency. basically, i think my posts need to be somehow significant, either to me or to you. and it is pretty rare for something like that to occur in a way that compels me to write about it. so maybe i'll write about things that aren't significant, at least not on the surface. perhaps my desire for significance is actually impeding the cultivation of significance. anyway, something like that.

at any rate, i'd like to tell you about my summer in upcoming posts. it just so happens that a lot of significant things took place. and i've learned quite a lot. so here's what i'm looking at writing in the next few posts: my trip to texas, my internship at COR, my beef with youthfront, my wedding plans, and my two trips to Grand Avenue Temple.

thanks guys. keep it real.

1 comment:

Brian Gehrlein said...

I'm looking forward to reading good sir! See you on the hill in a few days!